An incredibly annoying and unsightly scalp condition which is just a nightmare is dandruff. It has become so common nowadays that almost everybody is suffering from it up to some extent. Dandruff may be the result of a dry scalp, or a skin condition called seborrheic dermatitis. There are some reasons like the presence of eczema, psoriasis, or, very commonly, an overgrowth of yeast like fungus which is called Malassezia.
Moreover, dandruff can sometimes lead to itchy, red patches which can also lead to scab and even bleed. There are many reasons which are responsible for this problem. Here we are listing 8 most common problems which lead to this:
- Irritated and oily skin:This condition can be the result of the presence of seborrheic dermatitis which is marked by red and greasy skin which is covered in flaky white or yellow scales. The areas which are most affected by this is the areas which are rich in oil glands.
- Dry skin:If you have dry skin or suffering from the medical condition called eczema, then there are chances that it is the reason for the itchy skin and dandruff. Flakes on this type of skin are usually smaller and less oily. They are most common in colder climates and during winter due to dry weather conditions.
- Not shampooing enough: Not washing hair and scalp will lead to the condition where the oils and skin cells can build up on the scalp which will ultimately result in dandruff. Moreover, if you are using shampoo more often, it will dry out your scalp and cause dandruff. Therefore to maintain a healthy balance, it is recommended to wash the hair every other day. Try to use top dandruff shampoo for your hair.
- Brushing your hair irregularly: This could also be the reason as not brushing your hair enough will lead to the build-up of dead skin cells on the scalp which will be the home for dandruff.
- Heat and dry air: Heat and dry air will be drying the scalp up to the extent that it will lead to the condition of dandruff. Avoid being in the sun and dry air for the longer durations.
- Air pollutionObviously, with the advancement, air pollution is becoming more and more in our environment, which is directly affecting the health of our body as well skin. The contaminants in air cause irritation or allergic reactions on the skin and scalp which develop the condition of dandruff.
- An unbalanced diet: Not having a proper diet is also the reason for the accumulation of dandruff on the head. Eating foods which are rich in zinc, vitamin B and fats will help you in fighting dandruff.
- Stress: It is also a known reason for the presence of dandruff in many people. Stress can cause an itch-scratch cycle. Therefore, it is recommended to include more relaxing activities in your routine.
Also, using the Ketomac shampoos for all your hair problem is a great choice. There are so many ketomac shampoo benefits which will provide you with beautiful hair and healthy scalp. So just relax and trust the name.